Key management software
© 2023, Aidex GmbHwww.aidex.org
Update to version 2023
If you already have a program version 2021 or 2022 installed, you can simply download the latest version and install it over the existing program. Your entries will be retained.
• Attention, existing customers: Starting with program version 2021, a license code is required for the first time. Therefore, do not install the version available on our download page over the program you have purchased, before you have received a license code from us.
• Update discount: A free 2022 program update will be given to customers from 2018 purchase date. Customers from 2017 and 2016 will get 75% discount on new price, customers from 2015 and 2014 will get 50% discount. If you are interested, please send us a short email.
• Update installation: Once you have received the license code, you can simply install the current program version from our download page over an old version. Your existing input data will be preserved! The install function can be found after starting the downloaded file in the main menu: File > Install Program. (General installation instructions)
• Print templates in Word: Last year the possibility to use Word documents as templates had to be dropped. This possibility exists again since version 2022-08! The requirement is that the users of Key Organizer have Microsoft Word installed on their PC (it does not work with OpenOffice etc.). If MS Word is not installed, templates in HTML remain as an alternative (included as standard in the program).
• Backup outsourced: The previously integrated backup function is no longer available! Please make sure that the data folder of the Key Organizer is included in a backup run e.g. of your server!
• Basket for multiple key return
For issuing several keys to one person, the previous window "Memorised data records" has been extended, now with quantity, identifier and remark per line. The transfer now takes place directly in the window.
Also the return of multiple keys is now possible via the basket (version 2023, see instructions).
• Linking entries with files
You can link key issues as well as each master data entry with files, e.g. with scanned documents. (See instructions)
• "IDs" window for key copy numbers
In the additional window, you can enter sequential numbers for a key and get an overview of which identifier has already been issued to whom.
• Total list "Keys and Persons"
A list of all key issues, e.g. by department, sorted from the view of persons or keys. (see main menu: Extra windows)
• Data protection: "Destroy entry permanently" (persons)
You need this function to comply with data protection regulations for employees who have left the company.
• PDF: Handover receipts are now generated as PDF documents. This does not require a virtual printer. The old printer selection is no longer necessary. The generated PDF is displayed immediately, and it is also saved as a file. KeyOrganizer remembers the PDF for each transaction, so that it can be retrieved later from the owner list and logging.
• Electronic signature: The new PDF generation of the Key Organizer now results in the possibility to sign the receipts electronically, e.g. using Adobe Sign. Key Organizer then saves the signed PDFs. However, signing is not a function of Key Organizer, but must be available in the PDF viewer you use.